Axolotls are not only extremely exciting animals in the real world, but also an exciting addition to the animal world in Minecraft. Find out how to…
How to upload world files to your server
Upload your own world files to your Pockethost server and enjoy gaming.
Follow the steps below to upload a world file to your server:
In this tutorial you will learn how to upload a world to your Minecraft Java server. This way you can move your world from an old server, make your single player world available for your friends or explore one of the many exciting worlds that you can find on Minecraft community websites.
- Create a Minecraft Java server and start it at least once. This way a save game will be created, which you can configurate in the next steps to upload your world.
- While the server is running, go to the options tab and click “More Files”. Be aware that the modification of your game files can cause complications. Make sure to follow this tutorial step by step. But if you want to conduct any other changes you should be an expert on server files.
- Click the “Upload” button and upload the zip file of your desired Minecraft Java World. Pause your server during the upload to prevent complications. The folder will be added to the game file.
- Click on the options icon on the right of the newly added zip folder and unpack it.
- To make your new world available with the next server start remove the old “world” folder now. Then rename the extracted zip file to “world”, please ensure the exact spelling. This way the new world will be initialized when you continue the server.
- Click the “Continue” button and enjoy your new world on your server together with your friends.